Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Jubilee By: Kathleen

Doug, yesterday was such a blessing. My sister and I both work for Dakotabilities. My name is Kathleen and I am one of the staff that brings our individuals to your church. We only took one envelope and I'd like to tell you some of the events that took place. First we went to a friend's house that has been down for quite some time with limited resources and family to help her. On Saturday we drove to her apt. and gave her 10.00 dollars for her birthday. Basically she lives on the county helping her, low income housing, and food stamps while she waits for disability to accept her application. Her health is not good. We gave her one of the 100 dollars to help reconnect her phone or do what she wants. You should of seen her face when we told her this was a gift from Jesus and that he loves her. My sister has a granddaughter that isn't married and has a newborn, one of those 100 dollars went to her. It was such a blessing to help people that truly needed help. We also gave small amounts to people we saw on the streets in the name of Jesus. One person at a bus stop asked me who, when I gave him 10.00 dollars from Jesus, because Jesus loved him. I repeated that it was from Jesus. It was a glorious feeling to be able to do this. I also want to thank-you for helping the individuals that were at church on Sunday. They truly have very little money and though they don't understand the amount of the gift they know they truly got a gift from Jesus that day. Charlie kept pointing up to heaven and he was smiling from ear to ear all day. As for my sister and myself we thank you again for letting us help others less fortunate then us, even though we struggle from day too day sometimes to make ends meet. I just want you to know that I struggle with my faith and that yesterday opened my heart up even more. May God Bless You and the Church. Sincerely, Kathleen Arndt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once you make a comment, it will be sent to the administrator before it appears on the blog.