Monday, May 4, 2009

The Jubilee By: Leah

I am very thankful to have been in church this past Sunday. I am not a member of Hillcrest, nor do I attend church as often as I should. My family has been struggling with finances for a couple years now. It just seems like one thing after another comes up whenever we get a little savings going. We had previously been blessed to have some outstanding medical debt written off and that sure helped take a load of worry off of my shoulders! Combined with the $500 envelope from Sunday, We are almost caught up on our monthly bills! I feel guilty for keeping this money though, as I feel guilty for even receiving it in the first place considering that I do not go to church regularly, and my husband has'nt went in years. After showing him that envelope on Sunday titled "Year of Jubilee" and explaining to him what happened that day in church, I watched his eyes start to tear up, as he could'nt believe that anyone would do that for us! I hope that this will prompt him (and me) to start going to church at Hillcrest regularly. I also hope to be able to turn around and help someone else in financial trouble, just as we were helped, someday! I am a bit embarrassed to sign my name, but I will not be too proud. My family deeply appreciates your gift of random kindness shown to us! -Leah Harkema

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once you make a comment, it will be sent to the administrator before it appears on the blog.